Collect company information
AgriDirect collects data of agricultural companies in several countries (The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany etc.) for two reasons:
1. We want to analyze and update agricultural trends, market shares and other developments. We often publish news articles about these subjects.
2. We want to give agricultural dealers the opportunity to share relevant agricultural-related information with you. You can read here more about companies we work together with.
How do we collect information?
We always ask companies directly for information. In this way we want to guarantee that the information is correct, and provided on a voluntary basis. Once or twice a year you will be called by us to update our data. At that moment, we ask again for permission to use your data.
What information do we collect ?
We only ask for company details. For example, name, address, how many animals and what kind of company you own. Besides that, we ask for more specific information like ‘which tractor brand you prefer and what bank you join’. Also information about future plans is important for us. Here you can find more specific informatio
We don’t ask for personal information, such as the composition of the family, your income, education or sexual preference.
Access to information and rectification
At all times agricultural companies have the right to ask us for access to and rectification of their personal data. They can also indicate that they want to be deleted from our file.
Security of our data
We store personal data (e.g. name, address etc.) separately from company information.
Several employees have access to the anonymous company data because they need to analyze these data for the two reasons mentioned above.
Only the data processors have access to contact details (e.g. name and address).
Our databases are protected with up-to-date antivirus and antispyware software. Besides, our computer systems are constantly being controlled to avoid hackers.
We have concluded a processing agreement with the companies with whom we work for specific services that ensures that they, too, comply with the GDPR's obligations.
What does this mean for you as a customer?
We have received permission from the agricultural companies to share the company data with suppliers, so that is guaranteed for you as a customer.
After obtaining the data, you are responsible for processing and storage in accordance with the new legislation. Important points for attention are
- Make sure that no more people than necessary have access to the names and adresses of the agricultural holdings.
- If possible, disconnect the names and adresses from the company data.
- Ensure that the data is properly secured.
- Enter into processing agreements with potential processors
- Ensure that farms can easily retrieve, correct or request the deletion of their data (and implement this).
- If there has been a data leak, report it to the Authority for Personal Data (even if a data leak is not in itself culpable, failure to report will still be punishable).
- Define your measurements in a protocol that is accessible to everyone.
For more information you can contact Els van Wijlick.
Phone number: +31 (0)475 49 25 49